Region: Broome County
The Inn, built in 1844, opened on James Polk's inauguration day with a Polka ball.
Originally called the Rounds Turnpike Tavern, the Inn was built by Ransom Baty, Sr. for John and Jacob Rounds. In 1855 it became the private home of Jacob and Susan Rounds. The Inn is a local landmark and on the SR and NR.