The Village of Port Dickinson was incorporated in 1876 and became an important port on the Chenango Canal. The village is located along the historic canal route and is still situated along major transportation corridors. The village has many history homes and a potential National Register district.
The Bevier-Wright house is an historic home located at 776 Chenango Street and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It was built circa 1853 in the Greek Revival style. The property also includes a barn with a gable roof.